Wyatt A. Lison
Wyatt Lison is a Partner with Feinstein Doyle Payne & Kravec, LLC. Prior to graduating from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2002, he graduated with a B.S. in Biology from Allegheny College in 1996 and attended graduate school at The Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences at Duquesne University.
Wyatt is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the State Bar of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Wyatt is currently a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Since admission to the bar, Wyatt has spent his legal career representing individuals and corporations in complex and class action cases. He has been a complex, mass and class action litigator primarily practicing in the fields of consumer and commercial litigation, consumer fraud, securities and antitrust law. Wyatt has also taught a continuing legal education (CLE) seminar on class action rules and litigation of complex actions in Federal Court.
Effective March 23, 2017, Wyatt was appointed to serve as a Consumer Representative on the Molecular and Clinical Genetics Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee of the Food and Drug Administration.
Among those class and mass actions in which Wyatt has been involved are the following:
- Astiana, et al. v. Kashi Company, et al., 291 F.R.D. 493 (S.D.Ca. 2013) (consumer class action for deceptive “All Natural” and “Nothing Artificial” labeling of food products)
- Zeisel v. Diamond Foods, Inc., 2011 WL 2221113 (N.D. Ca.) (Consumer class action for unlawful and deceptive omega-3 heart health claims placed on the packaging of shelled walnuts)
- Spears, et al. v. Washington Mutual Inc. et al., 2009 WL 2761331 (N.D. Ca.) (Consumer class action for conspiracy to falsify appraisals on home loans)
- Ubaldi, et al. v. SLM Corp., et al., 852 F.Supp.2d 1190 (N.D. Ca. 2012) (California consumer class action for unlawful late fees and usury on student loans)
- Kaltwasser v. Cingular Wireless LLC, 543 F.Supp.2d 1124 (N.D. Ca. 2008), aff’d 2009 WL 3157688 (9th Cir. Oct. 1, 2009) (Consumer class action for false advertising and deceptive “fewest dropped calls” advertisements)
- In Re Tollgrade Communications, Inc. Derivative And Class Action Litigation (Consolidated Case No. GD-11-003755) (Court of Common Pleas Alleg. Co. 2011) (Derivative and shareholder class action for withholding and concealing information regarding sale of public company to private equity firm)
- Larsen, et al. v. Trader Joe’s Company, 917 F.Supp.2d 1019, (N.D.Ca. 2013) (consumer class action for deceptive “All Natural” and “100% Natural” labeling of food products)
- Astiana, et al. v. Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, Inc., 2012 WL 2990766 (N.D. Ca.) (consumer class action for deceptive “All Natural” and “All Natural Flavors” labeling of ice cream)
- In re Flat Glass Antitrust Litigation (II), 2009 WL 331361 (W.D. Pa., Feb. 11, 2009) (Antitrust price fixing claims on behalf of purchasers of construction flat glass from several national and international companies)
- In re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1953. (N.D.Ohio 2008) (Pharmaceutical liability litigation on behalf of patients who received a contaminated blood thinner by an upstream manufacturer of the drug API)
- Balanced Beta Fund v. Southworth, et al., (Case No. 11724-11) (Court of Common Pleas Erie Co. 2011) (Derivative and shareholder class action for breach of fiduciary duty in misstatements made in Proxy Statement for sale of public company to private firm)